Sunday, April 15, 2012

Outlines: For College Papers Only—Not for real life use.

Today’s Quote:
“If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.”—Woody Allen

The Dream:
After a long talk with mi padre, I think it seems fitting to make my dream of the week a bit simple compared to previous dreams.  This week, I dreamed about doing something … and being insanely happy while doing it.  

What did I “DO” to move forward?
I did my taxes, played with my dog, signed up for Denver Center Season Auditions, and got a smartphone.  Not a bad week.

Any of you who have been waiting on the edge of your seat, waiting for my weekly blog installment to drop every Sunday night, have probably noticed the lack of consistency on my part.  I’ve been a bad blogger.

I guess the problem with writing a blog that is focused on inspiration and go-get-em-ness is that if the writer is feeling down, he might slack off. 

This spring I’ve had the incredibly difficult problem of an abundance of life choices.  Every day, I get pumped up with a combination of life choices that are never the same between two days.  Apples one day.  Oranges the next. 

As I said earlier, I was talking with my dad recently and he at one point asked me if I had taken any time to simply calm down and just ‘listen’.  I hadn’t.  I hadn’t done that probably since before graduating college.

I’m so grateful for the fact that I have parents that remind me to do things like, “Calm down and listen.”  I just closed the show that I had been performing in for the past three months and I have over a month till I start my summer job.  That’s a good chunk of time to calm down and listen.  I’m not expecting to have any particular answer over the course of that month, but I expect that I’m going to be a lot happier than I am now. 

Running around, making contacts, making friends, doing auditions, and practicing the craft will do wonders for an artist to advance in his career.  Making ample opportunities to calm down and listen for what he really needs to hear will do wonders for an artist to increase his happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment